55th Annual Cowan Christmas Parade
The parade theme this year is “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.”
The 55th annual Cowan Christmas Parade will be held on Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019 beginning at 1:00 p.m. at the corner of Cumberland St. W and Stewart Ln. (formerly Cookies Corner) and proceeds down Cumberland Street through the downtown area to end at Cowan Elementary School.
Line up on along Davis St. and Henderson Ln. by Noon
“The parade committee invites you to come out and share in the fun and excitement of the annual Christmas parade in beautiful Cowan, Tennessee. The parade with its marching bands, colorful floats, and the Shriner’s Tin Lizzie Unit marks the official start of the Cowan holiday season.”
The deadline for submitting parade entry forms is Friday, December 6 at 12:00 noon. (Note: need waiver of liability signed by each organization or sponsor. For horses, need signed by each individual.)
For the last 50+ years, as many as 5,000 Franklin Countians and visitors from surrounding areas have enjoyed the parade and we look forward to another wonderful parade for 2019.
- Deadline for parade entries is Friday, December 6, 2019 at 12 noon.
- We ask that all entries are in place along Davis St. and Henderson Ln. by 12 noon on December 7.
- All entries are to be decorated in this years parade theme which is “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.” The only exception is antique vehicles.
- We encourage you to make your float as bright and colorful as possible. The Parade Committee recommends the use of white, red, green, and gold in keeping with traditional Christmas colors. But more importantly, we want to see your groups personality shine through!
- The winner categories are as follows: Best of Parade, Best Church Float, Civic/Club, Antique Vehicle, Equestrian, and Tractor. WE HAVE A NEW FLOAT CATEGORY!! This year we are adding a small business and small individual float category to our parade! So make a small float – no larger than an 8′ trailer. More parade prizes may be awarded.
- VERY IMPORTANT: We encourage you to have someone walking along side your float and handing out candy.
- No one can get on or off your entry float or vehicle once the parade has started unless there is an emergency.
- No live Santas are allowed. Santa may be depicted in other ways such as wood cut outs, balloons, blow-ups, etc. The real Santa will be escorted at the end of the parade by the Cowan Fire Department.
- We are allowing ATV’s this year. We also encourage participation from Side by Sides, RZRs, and Rock Crawlers. We just ask they are decorated.
- We do not assign numbers. Lineup will be on a first come, first serve basis, with the different categories staging at specified locations (signs will be in place) and moved into position as the parade starts down Davis Street.