53rd Annual Cowan Christmas Parade
The theme for the 53rd Cowan Christmas Parade:
“A Gift That Keeps On Giving”
The 53rd annual Cowan Christmas Parade will be held on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017 beginning at 1:00 p.m. at The Railcar (formerly Cookies Corner) and proceeding down Cumberland Street through the downtown area to end at Cowan Elementary School.
Line up at South Middle School by Noon. Parade line up map
“The parade committee invites you to come out and share in the fun and excitement of the annual Christmas parade in beautiful Cowan, Tennessee. The parade with its marching bands, colorful floats, and the Shriner’s Tin Lizzie Unit marks the official start of the Cowan holiday season.”
The deadline for submitting parade entry forms is Friday, December 1 at 12:00 noon.
For the last 50+ years, as many as 5,000 Franklin Countians and visitors from surrounding areas have enjoyed the parade and we look forward to another wonderful parade for 2017.
- Deadline for parade entries is Friday, December 1, 2017 at 12 noon.
- We ask that all entries are in place at South Jr. High by 12 noon on December 2.
- All entries are to be decorated in this years parade theme, “A gift that keeps giving”. The only exception is antique vehicles.
- We encourage you to make your float as bright and colorful as possible. The Parade Committee recommends the use of white, red, green, and gold in keeping with traditional Christmas colors. But more importantly, we want to see your groups personality shine through!
- There will be several categories for floats, with a winner and prize money awarded in each category.
- VERY IMPORTANT: We encourage you to have someone walking along side your float and handing out candy.
- No one can get on or off your entry float or vehicle once the parade has started unless there is an emergency.
- No lives Santas are allowed. Santas may be depicted in other ways such as wood cut outs, balloons, blow-ups, etc. The real Santa will be escorted at the end of the parade by the Cowan Fire Department.
- We are allowing ATV’s this year. We also encourage participation from Side by Sides, RZRs, and Rock Crawlers. We just ask they are decorated.
- We do not assign numbers. Lineup will be on a first come, first serve basis, with the different categories staging at specified locations (signs will be in place) and moved into position as the parade starts down Davis Street.